Third Eye Gypsy(Genea Beads) 2011 by Parigo Studios 2010

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Winter Bla's

Hello friends!

Has winter gotten you down? I am sad to say that in all my years this winter has been one of the hardest ones for me. I am not really sure why. Maybe I miss all the time I spent outside in the sun over the summer? Maybe not being able to create when the temps outside are in the teens? Whatever the reason winter has been pretty uneventful and cold. At least if the cold came with a snow filled landscape it would be worth it. It's just like the balls hot days of summer when you are trapped inside until temperatures get to a "reasonable" level.

I am sad to say that with the temps they way they are it's absolutely miserable to sit in my studio with my feet on the the basement floor that may as well be a sheet of ice as the cool winter breeze seeps in from the open windows. I guess it's kind of like working on a frozen lake. Imagine that. Your work desk in the middle of a frozen lake. Yeah, I think that's a pretty vivid picture.

I did get a chance to try out a new style bead I had in my head. It's SOOOO pretty! I had hoped to get more made when it was 44 degrees yesterday, but I just ended up trying out some more styles to see what worked before doing a run of beads. I think this will take some more time to really refine things before moving forward.  It's going to be bitter cold again the next 2 days, but it looks like we will get some more weather in the 30's this week. Sad, I know, since when did we get excited about weather in the 30's?! Lol.

Anyways, I just thought I would pop on with a report from my little winter cave.

Stay warm!

xo Genea



4 comments:

Alice said...

Oh yes I'me so tired of the cold weather. But then I think of all those on the east coast and I realize I'm lucky.
I love that beautiful bead you made. It looks like the ocean.
Stay warm.

Karen Z said...

Love your bubbly little bit of seafoam goodness! And I can relate: tho my workshop is above a crawl space (with chilled floors too), I do have windows out onto the crazy-high snow. There's a lot of light, and the illusion of warmth. I jack up the electric bill and run a little piezo electric heater for my feet and working there beats shoveling snow any day! Off to do some creating now, and looking forward to temps in the 30's here by the weekend too. Still below zero nights on frozen Lake Erie :(

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Alice, Me too! Very true. Our winter hasn't been as bad as theirs, but honestly I wish we DID have more snow on the ground if it's going to be bitter cold outside ;) Thanks so much! I really love how beautifully it turned out. I am working on a new series of beads, but still need to try a few more experiments to see what I want to create. You do the same! xo Genea

Third Eye Gypsy said...

Thanks so much, Karen! Me too! You know me though, I LOVE my greens and blues, so it's no wonder I fell in love immediately ;) I run my heater in the basement as well, but my cord is JUST short enough that my heater just blows warm area in my direction instead of on my back and feet while I work :P I guess I need to get a new extension cord! Happy creating! I know! Sad to know we are looking forward to the 30 degree weather! Lol. Brrrr! I do miss our cold nights living by Lake Michigan growing up. xo Genea

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I love it when you share your thoughts with me :)